Bosch Washing Common Problems
1. If the washer won't drain the water used for the cycle, the following reasons may be obvious:
- The pump has failed.
- The filter or the pump is clogged.
- The contacts of the pump have burnt out or oxidized.
- The pressure switch is broken.
2. If the drum isn't working at all, the reasons for this may be as follows::
- The drive belt is damaged.
- The electronic part is at fault.
- The motor has failed (less common).
3. The drum rattles, if::
- The bearings are broken (the Bosch washing machine needs a new part to be installed).
- An item is caught in the tub.
- The shock absorbers are floppy or broken.
- The counterweight has gone out.
4. The water won't enter the drum because::
- There is no water in the water system, the pressure is low.
- The pump or the system "Aqua-Stop" is clogged.
- The drain hose is bent.
5. How to replace the heating element in Bosch washing machine:
If the heater has fulfilled its service life, has overheated and burned out or the lime scale has formed, the element needs replacement. You can do it yourself quite easily. But first, you need to check it.
If you are not sure whether the heater is broken, check it with a tester. Do it as follows:
- Disconnect the wiring without removing the heater.
- Set the mode to measure resistance (in ohms) on the tester.
- Set the controller to "200".
- Connect the test probes to the terminals of the heater.
- Normal resistance typically ranges from 20 to 40 Ohms.
- If the reading is "1", the heating element is broken and needs to be replaced.
- If the reading is approximately "0", the heater should be replaced due to the short circuit
6. How to replace the heating element in Bosch washing machine:
The washing machine needs to be level to avoid these issues. Shock absorbers that connect the drum to the chassis could be defective, and so could the concrete weights in older appliances. Suspension springs and rods can break, and balance rings can lose fluids. Wear and tear on the drum can cause excess vibration.